Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How much does camber and toe effect steering?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much does camber and toe effect steering?

So here is the deal. My car is pretty low, i'm tucking the front and rear tires by a little bit. I have a camber kit (omnipower) and have been playing it by eye on the camber since winter is comming up and i'm gonna just raise it and then get an alignment soon anyways.

Well, my steering is horrible, i don't feel safe driving it at all right now and i was wondering if the camber and toe are factors of that, which i'm sure they are. I just want to know what you all think and if after you got an alignment it helped at all.

Also, what should i as for when getting an alignment. Should i have -1 degree of camber and 0 of toe?

Let me know what i should do!!!!!!! thanks!
Old 11-17-2004, 08:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: How much does camber and toe effect steering? (JDMhatchback20)

The camber won't affect your stearing as much as it will wear your tires fast as ****. Don't get me wrong though, it will still affect your steering.

As for the toe angle, I'm betting that is more the problem. Getting an alignment will do a great deal for your steering.

When you get the alignment, you usually want to have a little toe in on the front wheels. The camber I'm not sure about though.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How much does camber and toe effect steering? (DOHC4life)

Camber is not really the wearing alignment angle. Toe is the ultimate wear on the front tires. But when you combine excessive toe setting with negative camber when you drop the car, your tires will definately suffer. An incorrect toe setting will not cause your car to pull, an incorrect camber setting will. Do align your car though, You will love it.