Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Wheel Pushed Back in Wheelwell? Frame? UCA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Pushed Back in Wheelwell? Frame? UCA?

My front driverside wheel is pushed to the backside of the wheel well (when lookin @ it from the side. The kid I bought it off of said he got hit but wa pretty sure everything was replaced. Then like 3 months ago I hit a storm drain (curb) sliding into my gf's driveway in the snow and im pretty sure I hit the driver wheel on it, kinda ran rite over it and those things aint too low to the ground!!

Anyway I dont know if something bent there as well. I replaced the lca yesterday thinkin that was bent but it didnt really help the gap too much. My question is what else could be causing the wheel to be cocked back like that?

-UCA?

-Hopefully not the Frame being bent!!

All responses are appreciated and Thanks in Adv.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Wheel Pushed Back in Wheelwell? Frame? UCA? (All MTR xsI)

Your best bet is to take it to a alignment shop and have them look at it.
Unfortunatly it sounds like the unibody is tweeked. If that may be the cause, almost any autobody shop could pull it out for you.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:21 PM

What about maybe the radius arms on that side? Im pretty sure I hit some kind of curb a while back and not to mention the kid b4 me hit the same side but he said he fixed everything...

Well Im kinda hoping that It doesnt need to go on a frame machine, for moneys' sake ya know? But I plan on getting it sprayed Championship White in the next week or two so maybe it will be worth it. How much does that usually go for? Anyone had to have it done and know the price?

Anyway, I did go to get an alignment after I installed the new LCA and the number was so far off. Like its aigned but its aligned to the driverside front wheel being pushed towards the rear of the car more ya know?

Ill try to get a pic and send it to someone so they can host it seeing that I still have no idea how to post pics...

Old 05-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (All MTR xsI)

most likely LCA is bent, not UCA
Old 05-18-2006, 03:43 AM

But I just replaced it on monday? I thought that would fix the issue but not true, the DS front wheel still sits towards the back of the car? whats up here?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (All MTR xsI)

I have seen it before, the lca straight and the unibody bent. Just have it checked out.
I'm not sure on the cost, if it needs pulled. If I had to guess, I would say anywhere between $50 and $200
Old 05-18-2006, 05:49 PM

well I did just replace the lca with another junkyard one thinking that would fix it but nah still pusged towards the rear.

UPDATE: Okay so I put my car on a lift today and looked up @ everything and nothin seemed to jump out @ me at all. The only thing that looked different was the mounting bracking for the LCA had the outter lip bent upwwards and the crossmember was SLIGHTLY dented and scraped, nothing major i dont think.

I really need to figure this out and see if all fails I might need a frame machine which in that xase I might just total my DA which I dont wanna do neither do I have the money to straighten the frame (anyone know a price)

So whats next guys? what do I look @? Is there anything I can measure that would tell me whats bent? If so can someone measure theirs and see what the measurement "should be"?

I really hope Im not just seeing this as an optical illusion! Because someone did tell me that side is natural to be pushed farther back than the driver side on ALL DA's.

Can someone tell me if their Driver side fr. wheel is closer to the rear of the car than their passenger side....
Old 05-19-2006, 06:16 PM

bump and sorry for two threads, mods can delete one if necessary