Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

climate control light bulbs

Old 01-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default climate control light bulbs

car is a 99 dx. trying to put 99-00 si climate control bulbs in it. according to my dealership, all four bulbs in the cc (the side two, and the bottom two for the ac/recirculate/defrost) are all the same. now i opened up my dash and the bottom two are clearly different. so i thought maybe for some reason the si's had a different cc all together. so i went back and was going to order a 99 dx bottom cc bulb. but according to their computer the ex,dx, and si all had 4 bulbs for the cc. and they were the same for each car. (i.e. the 4 for the ex were the same and the 4 for the si were the same)

here are the two bulbs:

the white one is the 99dx stock bottom cc bulb. the one on the right is the same as the stock top cc bulbs, other than the red nipple (the one pictured is from an si..and the stock ones had a blue nipple)

someone help me out. is my car that one car that honda made with a different size climate control bulb, or do the 3 people and 2 computers from my local dealership not know what they are talking about??
Old 01-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is annoying the **** outta me. so if you know, please tell me why that long white bulb has disappeared from honda's diagrams and computers
Old 01-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (alacard)

just put the amber cover on the long one problem solve
Old 01-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1fastEK9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1fastEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just put the amber cover on the long one problem solve </TD></TR></TABLE>
exactly what i wouldve done if the long one wasnt blown out
haha.
so now regardless of the si/amber bulbs that i was trying to accomplish, i cant even replace my burnt out bulb..
Old 01-30-2007, 01:53 PM

go to a honda dealer cant be more than 10 bucks
Old 01-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hatch96b18c1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatch96b18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go to a honda dealer cant be more than 10 bucks</TD></TR></TABLE>
not to be an ***...but did you even read the thread?
Old 01-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can u just take the bulb out of the little holders..like take the bulb out of the grey and white thing an swap them
Old 01-30-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: (2DoorBandit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
not to be an ***...but did you even read the thread?</TD></TR></TABLE>
sorry no some one hacked my profile and i need to start a new one and boost my post's to get into the market place
Old 01-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2DoorBandit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can u just take the bulb out of the little holders..like take the bulb out of the grey and white thing an swap them</TD></TR></TABLE>
i tried, but id ont want to screw anything up until i know for sure thats the only thing left to do. but until then i want the actual correct part from honda
Old 01-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (theb18c1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry no some one hacked my profile and i need to start a new one and boost my post's to get into the market place </TD></TR></TABLE>
what does that have to do with reading the post?...

if you read it, you would know that i have been to the dealership, and that is where my problem lies.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:10 PM

i said no i didnt read it damn
Old 01-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (theb18c1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i said no i didnt read it damn</TD></TR></TABLE>
oh, sorry. didnt see the "need to boost my posts".

anyone else have any idea?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump ^^ still no clue
Old 01-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

someone help me out
Old 01-31-2007, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2DoorBandit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can u just take the bulb out of the little holders..like take the bulb out of the grey and white thing an swap them</TD></TR></TABLE>

i just tried that, the bulbs themselves are even different. this is a plug and play mod that shouldve been done in 10 minutes. this is ridiculous..

so my only options are:
A. someone tells me what is up with honda and what part number that bulb is
or
B. someone tells me where i can get just the bulb itself and swap that into my white holder deal.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

okay i'm about to shed some light on this thread because i've done it. you wil need all your old bulbs and your new Si bulbs.

first off how did your bulb burn out? these bulbs are almost impossible to burn out?

well regardless of how it burned out you need a new one and you can't buy the bulb and if you could you couldn't just replace the bulb - it's too hard.

for some reason the 99-00 Civic Si had different climate control bulbs then the 99-00 Civic Ex, Lx and Dx.

Ok so here is where you have to do - read in detail and yes your Honda dealership is right.

Go to honda and tell them that you need one bulb for your Climate Control Unit - buy the one your car has because you already have the ones for the Si. it should cost less than $5... bring the bulb with you.

- the 2 bulbs that go to your A/C, rear defroster, etc are the same ones as the Si bulbs.
these are a simple swap. they are the same size - just go ahead and plug those in.

- once you get your new bulb make sure that they have the blue blub cover on them. then remove the orange bulb cover off of the Si bulbs (which are smaller) and put them over the the blue cover of the other bulbs. So final product you will have a bulb with 2 covers - a blue one and a orange one.

- then put them back in the temperature control, put your unit back together and let me know what you think.

** if you don't keep the blue cover on the bulbs they will almost light up white and it will not look right.

I have a 2000 civic si and a 2000 civic hatchback - i did this to my hatch and it looks identical to my Si.

if you need anymore help PM me
thanks
Old 02-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have no clue how the bulb burned out, car came like that.

But as far as ordering a replacement bulb goes, there is a problem. Honda says that all FOUR bulbs on the 99 dx climate control are the same. I have all four of the bulbs in my hand, and they are clearly different. So if I was going to order a bulb to replace the burnt out one, I would most likely get the small grey one (like in the picture, except with a blue nipple).
Old 02-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the side bulbs are the ones your having a difficult time with correct?

just buy the bulb that burnt out (it will come with the bulb and the white long thing). honda sold you 4 bulbs correct? 4 small ones correct?

then all your doing is putting the orange nipples over the long bulbs with the blue nipple

pm me and i'll give you my number.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EK9Rider)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK9Rider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the side bulbs are the ones your having a difficult time with correct?

just buy the bulb that burnt out (it will come with the bulb and the white long thing). honda sold you 4 bulbs correct? 4 small ones correct?

then all your doing is putting the orange nipples over the long bulbs with the blue nipple

pm me and i'll give you my number.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, I'm having problems with the bottom bulbs, which are the long skinny white ones. Honda has no idea what bulbs those are. So this makes it impossible for me to order a new bulb to replace my burnt out one.