Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Alignment Problem need Fit owners opinion

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment Problem need Fit owners opinion

I got my Fit Last week and I really love the car.

One thing that is bugging is that sometimes when I am driving on a straight road I feel that the steering wheel is ever so slightly leaning to the left.

I took it back to the dealership and went on a drive with an associate from their service department. We went for a ride and did the "6 second test", this is where you drive the car on the freeway at a steady speed, and if the car does not make a complete lane change in 6 seconds then the alighnment is fine.

The car passed the test. The car has a 12,000 mile warranty on the alignment so if I want I can have them throw it on the rack just to make sure.

So my question is do you guys notice the steering wheel tilt while you drive your fit?

I thought about it and figured that it can be caused by multiple issues:

1. Road Conditions (Roads are concaved for water dranage)
2. The car is front wheel drive
3. The car has no LSD
4. Me being paranoid because it is my first new car and I want everything to be perfect.

I would really appreciat any input.

Plus, if there are any Fit owners that would want to meet up around the Orange County area hit me up. I am thinking about setting up a Fit meet sometime in the future.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check the tire pressure. sometimes that can cause that as well.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I took mine back because the wheel wasn't centered while I drove. They actually found the toe was too great in the rear. They adjusted it to be 'within spec' but the problem is they're close to being out of spec. I plan to be very particular with them and say I want each to read 0. I still have the steering wheel issue even on a flat road while driving a constant speed it isn't centered. It will pull to the left now instead of the right. It's very annoying to me. My 90 integra doesn't do it. There is no reason my Fit should.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: (JDMchris.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMchris.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">check the tire pressure. sometimes that can cause that as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did check the tire pressure. They are at the recommended 32 psi.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: (Black Widow g2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black Widow g2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I took mine back because the wheel wasn't centered while I drove. They actually found the toe was too great in the rear. They adjusted it to be 'within spec' but the problem is they're close to being out of spec. I plan to be very particular with them and say I want each to read 0. I still have the steering wheel issue even on a flat road while driving a constant speed it isn't centered. It will pull to the left now instead of the right. It's very annoying to me. My 90 integra doesn't do it. There is no reason my Fit should. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You can't adjust toe or camber in the rear without some serious hardware.
If there is a pull to either side, it is probably from the front alignment.
If it is definitely the rear, then you could have bent suspension parts , or it was bad from the factory, because it is unadjustable in the rear.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: (daviddahlb)

Do all the Fits out there have a perfectly centered steering wheel?

Or is this is common?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (daviddahlb)

would you like to see the sheet the dealer gave to me? On the spec sheet it says: The specifications for your vehicle are as follows: Front and rear toe measurement should be between -0.06 and 0.06. Your vehicle before alignment was -0.01 on the left front and -.04 on the right front. We adjusted to 0.00. The rear should be within 0.00 and 0.10. your vehicle measurement was .11 on the left and .03 on the right. We adjusted to .10 and .03. Your steering wheel was also adjusted back to specifications. Thank you for having your vehicle serviced by Stockton Honda.

If you think the dealership is lying, please let me know. I'm not a tech for good reason. I don't know how they work on this particular car. If the car has suspension flaws etc, then I sure need to have that issue addressed. I'd like to hear what you have to say.

EDIT: My bf's fit has a centered wheel. mine doesn't

Modified by Black Widow g2 at 3:00 PM 4/13/2007
Old 04-13-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: (Black Widow g2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black Widow g2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
EDIT: My bf's fit has a centered wheel. mine doesn't

Modified by Black Widow g2 at 3:00 PM 4/13/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm thinking I need to take it back and have them look at it.

This really sucks. Not having a centered wheel honestly drives me nuts.

Anybody else have any input?
Old 04-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (95egSi)

I think it's probably a combination of #1 and #4, with the addition of a slightly off-centre wheel, which is not terribly uncommon. It can be remedied on the alignment rack, but it doesn't necessarily indicate that something is askew with the alignment specs themselves.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Padawan)

Yeah, my wheel is centered as well, so best to go have it corrected.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: (Chikubi)

I appreciate all the input guys.

I got an appointment on monday to hopefully get this fixed.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95egSi)

seriously. I was afraid that when i lowered my car, the alignment was gonna be thrown off sooo badly but so many fit members said that they didnt' get it re-aligned. My car (now lowered) has a perfect steering wheel and there is no alignment problem. If its under warranty, just do it. OH and btw we have lots of meets in so-cal. U should join fitfreak.net if u havnt already. We have a meet this monday at norm reeves honda.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:35 AM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (koolkevin1107)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by koolkevin1107 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">seriously. I was afraid that when i lowered my car, the alignment was gonna be thrown off sooo badly but so many fit members said that they didnt' get it re-aligned. My car (now lowered) has a perfect steering wheel and there is no alignment problem.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you actually had the alignment checked out? Just because the wheel is centred, or the car tracks straight, does not necessarily mean that the numbers are where they should be. I'd definitely suggest getting the car on the rack if you've lowered it.