Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

2007 Civic Hybrid Tire Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Civic Hybrid Tire Noise

Just had a disappointing visit with my Honda Dealership. Two weeks ago, I took my car in for my first Oil Change and Tire Rotation. After having the tires rotated I noticed a roaring noise from the front. The noise may have been happening when the tires were on the back, had heard some noise from time to time. I have approx. 8500 miles on the tires. Today I had the car back at the Dealership and was told the problem was with the rear suspension and Honda was working on the problem. They moved the front tires back to the rear and the noise did move to the rear. I was informed that I was not the only one with this problem and I was being added to a folder they were keeping untlil Honda had a fix for the suspension problem. Can anyone give me any additional information about this??
Old 11-13-2007, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2007 Civic Hybrid Tire Noise (2007civichybrid)

I drove a 1995 Ford Taurus before I bought my Si. Since it was a front wheel drive car, there was not as much weight on the rear wheels. Because of this, the rear wheels would 'hop' a little at highway speeds. You couldn't really notice this when it was happening, but it would eventually cause 'waves' to form on the tires. You could actually run your hand along the surface of the tire and feel the hills and valleys of these waves. The waves would create a roaring sound when driving. I know for a fact that they waves were causing the roaring because it (the roaring) went away when I replaced the tires. I was told that they only way to prevent this from happening as quickly was to rotate the tires frequently. I don't know if this is actually your problem, but I would say it is definitely possible. Good luck.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Trial User

Default Re: 2007 Civic Hybrid Tire Noise

Originally Posted by 2007civichybrid
Just had a disappointing visit with my Honda Dealership. Two weeks ago, I took my car in for my first Oil Change and Tire Rotation. After having the tires rotated I noticed a roaring noise from the front. The noise may have been happening when the tires were on the back, had heard some noise from time to time. I have approx. 8500 miles on the tires. Today I had the car back at the Dealership and was told the problem was with the rear suspension and Honda was working on the problem. They moved the front tires back to the rear and the noise did move to the rear. I was informed that I was not the only one with this problem and I was being added to a folder they were keeping untlil Honda had a fix for the suspension problem. Can anyone give me any additional information about this??
---

man, have I got a story. back in 07 I bought me a new honda civic hybrid. man, was I proud. I babied my new baby. real gentle -cuz I want her to last a long time.

so, everything worked great 'till I started hearin some weird noises w/the tires @around 30Kmi. I drive 120mi/day to and from work so, didn't take me long to rack up 30Kmi. well. I looked at the tires and they were a mess -and gettin worse. went to the dealer, pointed out the problem, and one of the dudes said, "where did you get those tires!?" I said, "uh, you sold 'em to me when I bought the car". he tried to deny this was the case.

make a long story short, I was religious about taking my new hybrid in when the maintenance lights came on. no one ever said anything about the condition of my tires, even when they looked Terrible. -and they did inspections every oil change! it was as if they couldn't speak or see when it came to my tires. then they denied these were the tires they sold me on this car! whew. man, was I pissed. anyway, a couple days later my brother-in-law told me, rather matter-of-factly, "hey, 30K is all you get from most new car tires. they put crap tires on, and you have to buy new ones". "oh", I said.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:48 AM
Trial User

Default Re: 2007 Civic Hybrid Tire Noise

Hello,

Any body there whoa can advise me if driving a Civic Hybrid 2007, in tropical climate countries (high humidity) can be harmful for the battery or the car itself.