Wheel and Tire

Tires: 92V vs 91H

Old 12-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires: 92V vs 91H

for some reason i have a 92v tire on my drivers side and a 91h on my passenger side when i bought the car. for this reason, i was told that it was the main cause of my poor alignment.

but can this also hurt my transmission?
Old 12-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Shenanigans

Default Re: Tires: 92V vs 91H

a different load and speed rating will not affect your alignment. if the tire sizes between the two tires are different it can affect your alignment and may cause transmission issues.

your alignment is based on three angles, toe, camber, and caster. as far as your alignment what are the problems? tire wear? pull? have you shook down your front end to look for loose tie rods/ball joints etc?
Old 12-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i brought it to sears and i was told by this girl that my front wheels both have different ratings and therefore she said that even after the alignment my call will still pull to one side. and in my case, it pulls to the passenger side with the 91T.

i have the stock ex rims, with 205 r16 60 but each side has 91T and 92H respectively. should i bring it to Goodyear instead?

so can i confirm one more time it will NOT damage my transmission or drivetrain in any matter?

many thanks.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:40 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dleccord
i brought it to sears and i was told by this girl that my front wheels both have different ratings and therefore she said that even after the alignment my call will still pull to one side. and in my case, it pulls to the passenger side with the 91T.
She is an idiot.

i have the stock ex rims, with 205 r16 60 but each side has 91T and 92H respectively. should i bring it to Goodyear instead?
Yes.

However, if you have different make/model tires on different sides, it can cause different grip on each side, which can result in pulling (although the alignment is the more likely culprit). But if it's the same make/model/size tire, with different load and speed ratings, then there shouldn't be any difference that would cause pulling.

so can i confirm one more time it will NOT damage my transmission or drivetrain in any matter?
That's correct.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have Falkens on my drivers side and Michelins on my passengers side.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:10 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Falkens on my drivers side and Michelins on my passengers side.
It depends on which tire model they are. As a general rule, it's a very bad idea to mix tires, and even worse to put one type on one side and the other on the other side (not that it's great to keep each type to an axle, either, but it's not quite as bad). The reason is exactly what you're experiencing - the car's handling can be disrupted. If one side grips better than the other, the car pulls to one side. If you have grippier tires on the front than the back, the car oversteers (the back end wants to swing around on you); if you have grippier tires on the rear than the front, the car understeers (it wants to plow straight ahead when you turn the steering wheel to make the car turn). You can get away with mixed tires if they are similar in performance, but not if they are drastically different - such as mixing winter tires with summer or all-season tires, or mixing supersticky tires with economical less-sticky tires. It's quite possible that THIS is the cause of your car pulling one side.

What tire model are your Falken and Michelin tires? For example, Falken makes the Azenis RT-615, Ziex ZE-512 and ZE-912, FK-452; Michelin makes the Pilot Sport, Pilot Exalto PE2, Pilot Sport A/S, X-Ice Xi2.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think the car rides fine but its just pulling off to one side, the passenger side. That's why I went to Sears to have my car aligned, where I was told it was not recommended to have the car aligned the way it is, where two different types of tires on an axle.

I will get back to the type of tires they are since I dont have the car in front of me right now.

Thanks for all the input guys.