Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....
Old 04-01-2015, 01:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

Ever heard of STAGG SHS shocks? Pretty cheap, but not sure of reliability.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever heard of STAGG SHS shocks? Pretty cheap, but not sure of reliability.

Not sure where to put this thread, but since I only own EFs I might as well see what EF owners have to say.

Have you ever heard, seen, or purchased these?
Heres an ebay auction going on right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STAGG...Q5fAccessories

I want to know if they are worth it, I mean they are F'en cheap!!!
But with all cheap parts, there are always downsides.

If you have used these or heard of someone using these are they of equal performance as Tokico blues? Or Kyb gr-2s? Let me know.

And I am ordering a set of koni yellows after I get a daily set first.
Konis will be for auto x purposes only. Not sure of springs, might just get Ground controls since it has alot of good reviews.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ever heard of STAGG SHS shocks? Pretty cheap, but not sure of reliability.

I saw these and was wondering the same.. I did some google searches and didn't really come up with anything but someone in a be forum emailed the seller and they said there about equal to tokico illuminas
Old 01-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ever heard of STAGG SHS shocks? Pretty cheap, but not sure of reliability.

hmmm think i'll pick up a set of these n rock them for a bit, for the money the worst that happens is they're slightly better than oem right?
Old 01-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I was thinking the same, since they are so cheap.
And I bought two stock struts from autozone and they cost me $120 already.
So for 4 unheard of shocks whats the worst I can do? lol.

But I have high doubts that these STAGGs will equal to tokico illuminas, since the illuminas are damping adjustable, if I am correct.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

http://staggshocks.com/

There ya go boys 'n girls

Lifetime warranty, except when installed on "excessively lowered" cars. Whatever that means... pretty subjective if you ask me.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They are comparable to KYB Gr-2, Tokico HP (Blue), Monroe, ect. I've searched quite a bit about them are most people that buy them like them. They are not meant for high spring rates or drop lower than 1.5 - 2 in. Even though they are made in China their quality is good and a limited life time warranty helps. I am considering picking up a set but no one has the rears in stock for mine.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DCRB
the worst that happens is they're slightly better than oem right?
I doubt it. OEM stuff is much better than most people give credit
Old 01-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm gonna buy a set as soon as their available for my DA. Looking to use them with Sprint springs. I'll keep you guys updated asto how they are.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yup ordering one as we speak.
Hope it gets here by the time my BWR adjustable test-pipe gets here.
I just want to do all my work on the car and get it ready for daily driving.
Hate this rattling coming from my stock-cat. Stupid shield.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You know you can remove the shield or have it welded back on. It will change the sound of the exhaust, especially more rasp with just a test pipe. I hope the shocks work out for you, post up when you get them on the car.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Any updates on the shocks?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Through a few days of researches on these! i see that one guy comment that the STAGG are a little stiffer then KYB, and Tokico are stiffer. I've had my dad's truck Monroe shocks blew withing 6months, and I've replace it with KYB GR-2 more then 2yrs and they still riding like day one! he do toll lumbers and heavy stuff, I'm pretty impressed with KYB GR-2, I Just order another set of KYB GR-2 for my aunt 03 MDX, and just notice KYB GR-2 is Made In Japan!!! and looks really quality built, in the other hand Stagg is Made In China, is another part which throw me off. I'm set to order another set of KYB GR-2 for my Scion tC with 1.25" TRD Spring drop.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just installed a set of STAGG dampers with sportline springs on my buddies EJ2. They were a dramatic improvement over the stock ones. I'm sure the stock ones were pretty bad when changed them out, but I've got tokico blues w/ skunk2 springs on my EJ1 and his car felt really good. It cornered well and had a very smooth ride. When I'm ready to change my struts out I'll probably go with STAGGS.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i researched them a bit too on a couple of other car fourms. people have nothing but good to say. so im giving them a try.

i plan on running stagg struts for integra with eibach pro kit on my 95 sedan. for daily use

also i hear stagg makes bilstein struts. but thats just hearsay. i heard of a guy running the part number in a different computer and it came back as bilstein struts. but who knows.

i have omni power street setup adjustable and they are too stiff for me. but it handles like a dream. turns on rails compared to stock. i hope the almost type r spring rates(eibach pro kit) are good for dd and a little sporty feel.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So how about them staggs for those of u that have them on? I wanna get a set and the eibach pro kit springs to drop my sedan but I want to know if they hold up good over time. They seem like a decent set for that price and are intended for daily driving, which its all I do, so let me know yeah...
Old 02-29-2012, 06:48 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Curious to see what you'll do if no one "lets you know". But it doesn't look like you actually read the thread because only one person convinced himself that these were okay.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Curious to see what you'll do if no one "lets you know". But it doesn't look like you actually read the thread because only one person convinced himself that these were okay.
Nothing, thats what I'll do. I wanted to make sure how they have held up since their original install up to today, any excessive sagging, defective parts/components or stuff like that?
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought a set of Stagg SHS shocks/struts for my 2002 Civic EM2 with Vogtland lowering springs off of Ebay for like $350 shipped. I was a little hesitant at first but then I figured how bad could they be? It was a GREAT purchase! I would compare the springs to Tein/Eibach and the struts to Tociko blues. I had no problems at all with this setup and am actually buying the same setup again from ebay for my 02 Acura RSX that replaced my EM2. The ride is as good as stock with better handling and I was lowered about 1.5". I would reccomend these to anyone on a budget that wants to do a subtle drop at an affordable price. WELL WORTH IT!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:44 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

^^As long as you're happy. Me? I'll go with the setup backed by proven performance, warranties and tons of R&D every time.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They have lifetime warranty on the struts
Old 03-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bought a set for my EF about 4 months ago on ebay, so far I would have to say they are definitely worth the price I paid, about $130-$150. Not to stiff and not to soft, gives a nice overall around town drive.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've had them on my DA for almost a year now dropped on tien springs and they are still as great as they were when I bought them, a little stiff but I like it that way. They are a great buy for the price I highly recommend them.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

My Koni Sport shocks are still working great after thirteen years. I'd like to see another "normal" priced damper do that.
Old 10-17-2015, 02:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by White_crex
I've had them on my DA for almost a year now dropped on tien springs and they are still as great as they were when I bought them, a little stiff but I like it that way. They are a great buy for the price I highly recommend them.

Same here, love mine. People are So quick to boast about their name branded shocks over another brand they haven't tried. Mine are Nice and firm and dampens big bumps in one stroke. It has good valving Especially for the price. I like em better than fresh tockico blues by a good Bit.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:04 PM
Trial User

I LOVE HOW SOME PEOPLE LOVE 2 FLASH THEIR/DADDY'S WALLET WHILE THE REST OF US PAY OUR BILLS AND UPGRADE WITH WHAT'S LEFTOVER. 2 THOSE ON A BUDGET STAGGS ARE A GREAT DEAL FOR A GOOD PRODUCT. THEY MAY NOT HAVE A FANCY BOX OR AN EXPENSIVE PRICE TAG BUT THEY DO THE JOB AND THEY DO IT PRETTY WELL. MY 8 MONTH OLD RIDES IN MY CD5 REGULARLY AND I FEEL CONFIDENT THAT HE IS SAFE, THAT'S MORE THAN ENOUGH 2 MAKE ME GET ANOTHER SET FOR MY WIFE'S PILOT

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ever heard of STAGG SHS shocks? Pretty cheap, but not sure of reliability.