Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

2006 CR-V with WEIRD Electrical Problems

Old 10-28-2011, 05:04 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Icon2 2006 CR-V with WEIRD Electrical Problems

We have a 2006 CR-V with some very strange problems. I am in the Army and was deployed to Afghanistan for a year. While I was gone, my wife accidentally left the overhead dome light on and drained the battery. AAA came and gave a jump-start, but after driving it a while and parking, it needed another jump. So this time, my wife took it to Sears and got a new battery installed. That is where the problems began. After the new battery was installed, the CR-V now has the following problems:

RADIO: Does not work at all - no power

DOME LIGHT: Will come on when manually switched on; however, when placed on the middle setting (where it is supposed to come on when you open the doors), it does not come on when any of the doors are opened.

POWER DOOR LOCKS: The remote does work to lock or unlock; the switch on the drivers door that locks/unlocks all doors simultaneously only works if the ignition switch is on

I checked all 3 fuse boxes, and none of the fuses appears blown. My wife took the car back to Sears and told them what happened, but they could not fix it.

To compound matters, our local Honda dealership went out of business while I was deployed, and now the nearest one is 75 miles away.

Anyone have any ideas?
The following users liked this post:
Old 05-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2006 CR-V with WEIRD Electrical Problems

There are two fuses in play here. One is a huge one that is screwed in. if you know that one is good then there is another called the accessory fuse. It powers the memory of the ecu and also the radio and the remote door lock receiver. I suspect its that one. Red as I remember. Your cars radio must have its password put back in and each key relearned by the receiever. Also the big fuse blew on ours when the AAA guy hooked up the jumper backwards. I wasnt home. Wifey wasnt watchin. The big fuse at the auto parts joint isnt metric so you have to drill out the screw holes to the next larger size. Good luck