Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

How much of the suspension is covered under extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much of the suspension is covered under extended warranty.

For a while now my car has been making an annoying whirringish sound when I turn the wheel all the way left or right and step on the gas. At first acura thought it was the steering column so they lubed it but it still made the noise. I took it in and took a tech with me to reproduce the sound and he said it was coming from the suspension. I'm sure it can't be my coilovers because the sound existed before I installed my coils. But they have been workign on the car since friday and still can't figure it out. So i'm jsut wondering if, chances are the problem will be a warrentied problem or am I going to be paying a grip to get rid of this sound?
Old 02-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: how much of the suspension is covered under extended warranty. (RiCE On IcE 2)

if they do cover it let me know i bought my car with koni's on it and i put the seat down to transport something and i noticed my rear shocks were squeaking like they were blown just wondering if it was covered under waranty also.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how much of the suspension is covered under extended warranty. (ITR.#1446)

wear and tear isnt covered

now if its abnormal and theres evidence of it im sure they would cover...

but imo, extended warranties are for suckers when it comes to these cars...

why? because dealerships as soon as they see type R's run for the hills and deny claims left and right
Old 02-09-2004, 04:12 PM

Default Re: how much of the suspension is covered under extended warranty. (Soup ****)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soup **** &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why? because dealerships as soon as they see type R's run for the hills and deny claims left and right </TD></TR></TABLE>

Or you have to fight tooth and nail to get them to cover chit.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:16 PM
.RJ

Default Re: how much of the suspension is covered under extended warranty. (ITR.#1446)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITR.#1446 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if they do cover it let me know i bought my car with koni's on it and i put the seat down to transport something and i noticed my rear shocks were squeaking like they were blown just wondering if it was covered under waranty also.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Konis = not factory item = not covered
Old 02-09-2004, 04:21 PM

Default Re: how much of the suspension is covered under extended warranty. (.RJ)

I don't think it's a wear and tear item. And so far my acura has been pretty good about doing warranty work.. they did some past warranty too on good will. I guess I will have to wait till they figure out wtf the sound is.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how much of the suspension is covered under extended warranty. (RiCE On IcE 2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RiCE On IcE 2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For a while now my car has been making an annoying whirringish sound when I turn the wheel all the way left or right and step on the gas. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Its probably a combination of the power steering and LSD.
Just trade the car in on something that doesn't make any noises, or has a lot of sound insulation so you can't hear them.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:31 PM
.RJ

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RiCE On IcE 2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't think it's a wear and tear item</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats a judgement call up to the service advisor/manager/regional rep...
Old 02-09-2004, 04:34 PM

Default Re: how much of the suspension is covered under extended warranty. (zygspeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zygspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Its probably a combination of the power steering and LSD.
Just trade the car in on something that doesn't make any noises, or has a lot of sound insulation so you can't hear them. </TD></TR></TABLE>
no it's not a regular noise... no other ITR's I've been in make the sound even remotely
Old 02-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If that's the case, then I'd be looking at your wheel/tire combo and suspension drop. It's not uncommon for the tire (depending on size and wheel type/offset) to rub the inner fender liner (I forget if its full lock right or full lock left). Which beggs the point that you shouldn't be keeping it at full lock anyway since its harder on the power steering pump ... and it rubs!
Old 02-09-2004, 11:36 PM

Default Re: how much of the suspension is covered under extended warranty. (zygspeed)

it made the same sound on the stock width and stock drop too.. they checked if the azenis were rubbing and they weren't so I unno yet.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:02 PM

Update:

After having acura spend about 3 days working on the car. A tech called around and was informed of another ITR making the same sound. The answer?... Flush the transmission fluid a few times. I guess there was gunk in there that made the gears make some funny sounds that vibrated to the suspension? Well the problem seems solved. Odd problem I guess?